Sunday, October 18, 2009

Baruch Registrar's Office Communicates via "Tweets"




I received this email last week and just wanted to share it with everyone if they haven't had the chance to read it. I think it's amazing how social networking involves everyone and everything.

So you're telling me that in order to receive messages from the Baruch Registrar's Office, I would need to follow them via Twitter? Hilarious! Make me ask myself WHAT'S NEXT???

----

Dear Students:



I am happy to announce that we have added a Twitter feed to the Registrar’s office website. Important announcements will be sent out as “tweets.” I urge you to sign up by clicking on the Twitter Icon here:



http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/registrar/index.html





Additionally I wanted to alert you to the approach of registration starting November 12 for theWinter as well as the Spring 2010 terms. Information will be posted on our website as well as emailed to you directly. Tweets will announce these emails.



On behalf of the Registrar’s office staff, I hope you are having a happy and successful semester!



Leslie Sutton-Smith

Senior Registrar

2 comments:

  1. I actually believe is a good idea.

    I can get the important dates without going through lengthy emails or having to constantly check Baruch's website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jaime it really is a good idea. I was just very shocked to see them take part in something like this but then again it makes sense, right? Why not go to a place where everyone is already to get your point across or distribute necessary information?

    ReplyDelete