Saturday, November 14, 2009

Advice to Baruch College

When Baruch College created the text to students for emergencies I thought it was the most brilliant idea made to man. That was until there was an actual emergency and I was contacted though I was a subscriber to this feature. So you begin to wonder what other features would improve this college?

How about the choice between in-school or virtual learning? Classes would be conducted at a particular hour and you would have the choice of joining/participating via satellite or in-school. Hmmm...I'm sure you're thinking that everyone would just do it from home/work and not come in, but I don't think so.

I've spoken to many students who are not capable of having the discipline to work from home. They say that they wouldn't pay attention like they would if the professor was in front of their faces. A person like me believes the total opposite; as I concentrate better when I'm not forced to travel (out of my way) and sit in an uncomfortable seat for 2 - 3 hours.

So, my advice would be to provide more virtual courses for Baruch students. This would benefit all of the students who have chose to attend Baruch over any of the other options. Some people live far while others don't have childcare but both want to participate.

Sounds like a plan to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment